At GHP Legal we recognise that our continued success depends on us consistently attracting the right people and nurturing their talent. So whether you are a Practicing Solicitor, Barrister, Filex or Paralegal looking to further your career, or a graduate seeking a Training Contract, we would like to talk to you.
Working under one of our partners you will find us committed to helping you broaden your skills and achieve your full potential. Your ideas will be valued and you will have the opportunity to play a very real part in the future development of one of the largest and most highly respected law firms in North Wales, Mid Wales, Shropshire and the North West.
Employing typically 4 trainee solicitors at any one time, GHP Legal are equal opportunity employers and keen supporters of Training Contracts. With several offices covering every area of law, as a trainee you will have the opportunity to learn alongside colleagues who are leaders in their field.
A secretarial vacancy has now occurred within the Property Department at the Wrexham Office.
Applications to be made to the Practice Management Department by Monday 8th August 2016.
The duties are:
1. To deal with word processing and the production of documents and correspondence as directed by fee earners. To take dictation as required.
2. To attend clients both on the telephone and in person. To take time, date and record accurately in writing, any messages and relay the same by email to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
3. To pass letters, emails and facsimiles delivered to your department to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
4. To deal accurately and promptly with filing in compliance with the Department’s filing system and to ensure that files are kept in line with the Practice’s and the Department’s requirements and in line with the Office Manual.
5. To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary system (in some cases electronic diary system) for the fee earners in the Department.
6. To use photocopying/scanning/printing equipment correctly to achieve full and complete copies of the correct standard in line with the Practice’s and the Department’s requirements.
7. To issue correspondence by electronic mail and facsimile transmission when required.
8. To open and set up new files accurately and promptly on receipt of instructions from fee earners.
9. To operate the Firm’s electronic Accounts software to open matters, amend matters, and enter time recording for the Department’s fee earners. To print out ledger reports from the Firm’s electronic Accounts software.
10. To be responsible for the issue of correspondence and documents to addressees by their complete and accurate name and up-to-date address.
11. To check arithmetical calculations prepared by fee-earner are correct on all invoices and schedules.
12. To correctly differentiate between DX and Royal Mail post.
13. To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated by your Head of Department and/or any Equity Partner and/or Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager.
14. To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Practice and clients’ documentation and/or information at all times.
15. To operate and utilise information technology as appropriate to the work of the Department and assist with the identification and development of information technology applications.
Excellent keyboard skills essential.
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work independently to deadlines.
Pro-active and positive attitude.
Excellent numeracy and IT skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have a smart appearance.
Welsh speaking would be an advantage.
Unfortunately we have no Legal Receptionist Vacancies in any of our offices at the present time.
We are looking to recruit a solicitor/caseworker with particular experience of tribunal work, ideally an accredited panel member who is able to represent clients at Mental Health Tribunal hearings immediately. However, applications are welcomed from both qualified and non-qualified individuals who are dedicated, hard-working and enthusiastic.
Our mental health team, specialises in:
Mental Health Tribunals and Hospital managers’ meetings
County court displacement of nearest relative applications
Human rights applications & judicial review
Court of Protection applications
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
Treatment and post-discharge care provision
Our highly specialised and qualified team of lawyers regularly act for patients in hospitals and nursing homes across North Wales, Mid Wales, Shropshire and the North West, therefore, access to a car and a clean driving licence are essential.
This vacancy has been created due to the demand of representation required in the area. Salary is dependent upon experience.
Please email your cv and covering letter to: email@example.com
If you would like to work for GHP Legal, please send your CV and covering letter including your current remuneration package to the Practice Manager.