At GHP Legal we recognise that our continued success depends on us consistently attracting the right people and nurturing their talent. So whether you are a Practicing Solicitor, Barrister, Filex or Paralegal looking to further your career, or a graduate seeking a Training Contract, we would like to talk to you.
Working under one of our partners you will find us committed to helping you broaden your skills and achieve your full potential. Your ideas will be valued and you will have the opportunity to play a very real part in the future development of one of the largest and most highly respected law firms in North Wales, Mid Wales, Shropshire and the North West.
Employing typically 4 trainee solicitors at any one time, GHP Legal are equal opportunity employers and keen supporters of Training Contracts. With several offices covering every area of law, as a trainee you will have the opportunity to learn alongside colleagues who are leaders in their field.
Unfortunately we have no Legal Secretarial Vacancies in any of our offices at the present time.
Unfortunately we have no Legal Receptionist Vacancies in any of our offices at the present time.
Unfortunately we have no Fee Earner Vacancies in any of our offices at the present time.
A vacancy has now occurred within our Costs Department.
Maintaining an up to date legal knowledge, and making yourself familiar with changes in the law relating to your specialism you will :-
- prepare accurately private client bills, LAA bills for assessment for the family and mental health departments. This includes dealing with all files from Legal Help claims through to Claim 1/CCMS or detailed bills.
- ensure that all bills payable by the Legal Aid Agency or the Courts are drawn and submitted within the time limits imposed.
- liaise with fee earners in relation to costs issues.
- reconcile files and respective ledgers and, once concluded, process for closure.
- accurately record time spent on files and ensure that time is accurately entered and/or recorded on the Firm’s accounts system.
- attend clients and others both on the telephone and in person.
- make comprehensive, relevant and accurate attendance notes.
- review regularly the management of all files up to conclusion.
- ensure that all incoming correspondence and/or other documentation for the Costs Section of the Department is immediately placed on files held within the Costs Section.
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work independently to deadlines.
Proactive and positive attitude.
Excellent numeracy and IT skills.
Problem solving ability and people skills essential
Knowledge and experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules, Excel, Word, SOS Practice Manager an advantage.
Please email your cv and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to work for GHP Legal, please send your CV and covering letter including your current remuneration package to the Practice Manager.