At GHP Legal we recognise that our continued success depends on us consistently attracting the right people and nurturing their talent. So whether you are a Solicitor, Barrister, legal executive or paralegal looking to further your career, or a graduate seeking a training contract, we would like to talk to you. Contact us now on email@example.com
Working within one of our partner led specialist departments you will find us committed to helping you broaden your skills and achieve your full potential. Your ideas will be valued and you will have the opportunity to play a very real part in the future development of one of the largest and most highly respected law firms in North Wales, Mid Wales, Shropshire and the North West.
Cannot see a suitable position advertised but think that you have what it takes to join GHP Legal? Contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org
Employing typically 4 trainee solicitors at any one time, GHP Legal are equal opportunity employers and keen supporters of training contracts. With several offices covering every area of law, as a trainee you will have the opportunity to learn alongside colleagues who are leaders in their field. Contact us now on email@example.com
GHP Legal are looking to recruit a Childcare Solicitor to join the Family & Childcare Team based in our Oswestry office. Job description to follow.
GHP Legal are a Lexcel-accredited, multi-disciplinary law firm, looking to employ an experienced litigation and dispute resolution solicitor to be based in our Wrexham office.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and dynamic solicitor with a background in general civil and commercial litigation seeking opportunities to increase expertise in professional negligence claims, disputes concerning wills, trusts and estates and claims under the Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependents) Act 1975. The ideal candidate will be running a caseload of a broad range of litigated matters; including but not limited to contentious probate, contractual disputes and professional negligence claims.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic lawyer to advance their career within a busy office environment with clients drawn from all across our wide catchment area. The suitable candidate will be IT literate with excellent communication skills together with an interest in networking and business development.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
1. To provide specialist advice on legal matters to clients of the Practice.
2. To take responsibility for the conduct of matters for clients of the Practice under the supervision of your Head of Department.
3. To act as an advocate and attend at Courts and Tribunals.
4. Whenever necessary, and when authorised by the Head of Department, to assist any other department of the Practice with advocacy in Courts and before Tribunals.
5. To maintain an up to date legal knowledge, and make yourself familiar with changes in the law relating to your specialism by regularly perusing up to date legal material, and undertaking any specific training or refresher courses as and when required by your Department Head and/or any Equity Partner and/or the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager.
6 To ensure continuing competence: reflect on the quality of your practice, identify any learning and development needs and address those needs to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date and that you are competent to practice.
7. To issue guidance, advice and generate correspondence promptly in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures.
8. To comply at all times with the Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct 2011 (as amended or replaced or supplemented from time to time) and to comply with the SRA Accounts Rules 2011 (as amended or replaced or supplemented from time to time).
9. To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Practice and clients’ documentation and/or information at all times.
10. To contribute to the provision of a quality service and compliance with LEXCEL or other quality accreditation requirements.
11. (Where requested to do so) deputise for the Head of Department to ensure quality of service delivery.
12. To co-operate with your Head of Department and/or supervisor as and when required in the supervision of your files.
13 To assist with the training of junior fee-earners.
14 To assist the Head of Department in the management, supervision of, and delegation of work to secretaries within the Department.
15. To set up files accurately and speedily on receiving instructions for new matters and to follow file set-up procedures contained in the Office Manual.
16 To maintain a daily record of time spent on individual matters and to enter the data on SOS or to pass the information to the Accounts department on a daily basis, to enable the information to be entered on to the Firm’s electronic time recording system.
17 To keep under constant review and check the accuracy of data entered on the ledgers in respect of your client and promptly arrange the correction of any errors.
18 To ensure that all work done is promptly and accurately billed and make arrangements for irrecoverable time to be wiped off the Accounts System.
19 To deal properly with any money or property entrusted to you.
20 To take responsibility for, operate and utilise IT as appropriate to assist in the carrying out of your duties and your role within the Department and assist with the identification and development of IT applications.
21 To assist in the development of the Department.
22 To assist with marketing and expanding work streams, and identifying new work streams.
23 To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated to you by your Head of Department and/or any Equity Partner.
CV and covering letter to the Practice Manager at Vacancy@ghplegal.com
We are looking to recruit secretarial support for our Wrexham Office.
The candidate will be required to work in the Probate Department dealing sensitively with client enquiries and with the ability to deal with all aspects of the department’s work which my include property transactions and trust work. We also support vulnerable people in our Court of Protection work.
Previous legal secretarial experience is essential. Applicants will need audio typing skills, organisational skills, a pro-active and positive attitude, good numeracy and IT skills and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to deal calmly and sensitively with people at a difficult time is essential as is confidentiality and problem solving abilities. Any familiarity with case management systems would be useful.
We also require short term and flexible secretarial support within the office over most areas of the work that we do.
If you would like to be considered for these roles, please email your CV and covering note to the Assistant Practice Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th February 2020.
GHP Legal is a multi-service and well-regarded legal practice based across Shropshire and North Wales. We are seeking to employ a Private Client Solicitor to join the expanding Private Client Department in our Oswestry office.
The successful candidate will have wide ranging private client knowledge and experience of dealing with complex trust files and assisting high net worth individuals with probate and estate administration, wills, trust and tax planning.
The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, passionate about private client work and keen to prosper in conjunction with the firm and its principles and objectives. Experience of managing a team is not essential for this role. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a leading firm and advance their career development and professional progression.
Applications are invited from Private Client Solicitors who have 3+ years PQE who are able to manage their own case load.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience. CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
If you would like to work for GHP Legal, please send your CV and covering letter including your current remuneration package to the Practice Manager.