At GHP Legal we recognise that our continued success depends on us consistently attracting the right people and nurturing their talent. So whether you are a Solicitor, Barrister, legal executive or paralegal looking to further your career, or a graduate seeking a training contract, we would like to talk to you. Contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org
Working within one of our partner led specialist departments you will find us committed to helping you broaden your skills and achieve your full potential. Your ideas will be valued and you will have the opportunity to play a very real part in the future development of one of the largest and most highly respected law firms in North Wales, Mid Wales, Shropshire and the North West.
Cannot see a suitable position advertised but think that you have what it takes to join GHP Legal? Contact us now on email@example.com
Employing typically 4 trainee solicitors at any one time, GHP Legal are equal opportunity employers and keen supporters of training contracts. With several offices covering every area of law, as a trainee you will have the opportunity to learn alongside colleagues who are leaders in their field. Contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org
GHP Legal are looking to recruit a Childcare Solicitor to join the Family & Childcare Team based in our Oswestry office. Job description to follow.
GHP Legal are a Lexcel-accredited, multi-disciplinary law firm, looking to employ an experienced litigation and dispute resolution solicitor to be based in our Wrexham office.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and dynamic solicitor with a background in general civil and commercial litigation seeking opportunities to increase expertise in professional negligence claims, disputes concerning wills, trusts and estates and claims under the Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependents) Act 1975. The ideal candidate will be running a caseload of a broad range of litigated matters; including but not limited to contentious probate, contractual disputes and professional negligence claims.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic lawyer to advance their career within a busy office environment with clients drawn from all across our wide catchment area. The suitable candidate will be IT literate with excellent communication skills together with an interest in networking and business development.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
1. To provide specialist advice on legal matters to clients of the Practice.
2. To take responsibility for the conduct of matters for clients of the Practice under the supervision of your Head of Department.
3. To act as an advocate and attend at Courts and Tribunals.
4. Whenever necessary, and when authorised by the Head of Department, to assist any other department of the Practice with advocacy in Courts and before Tribunals.
5. To maintain an up to date legal knowledge, and make yourself familiar with changes in the law relating to your specialism by regularly perusing up to date legal material, and undertaking any specific training or refresher courses as and when required by your Department Head and/or any Equity Partner and/or the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager.
6 To ensure continuing competence: reflect on the quality of your practice, identify any learning and development needs and address those needs to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date and that you are competent to practice.
7. To issue guidance, advice and generate correspondence promptly in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures.
8. To comply at all times with the Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct 2011 (as amended or replaced or supplemented from time to time) and to comply with the SRA Accounts Rules 2011 (as amended or replaced or supplemented from time to time).
9. To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Practice and clients’ documentation and/or information at all times.
10. To contribute to the provision of a quality service and compliance with LEXCEL or other quality accreditation requirements.
11. (Where requested to do so) deputise for the Head of Department to ensure quality of service delivery.
12. To co-operate with your Head of Department and/or supervisor as and when required in the supervision of your files.
13 To assist with the training of junior fee-earners.
14 To assist the Head of Department in the management, supervision of, and delegation of work to secretaries within the Department.
15. To set up files accurately and speedily on receiving instructions for new matters and to follow file set-up procedures contained in the Office Manual.
16 To maintain a daily record of time spent on individual matters and to enter the data on SOS or to pass the information to the Accounts department on a daily basis, to enable the information to be entered on to the Firm’s electronic time recording system.
17 To keep under constant review and check the accuracy of data entered on the ledgers in respect of your client and promptly arrange the correction of any errors.
18 To ensure that all work done is promptly and accurately billed and make arrangements for irrecoverable time to be wiped off the Accounts System.
19 To deal properly with any money or property entrusted to you.
20 To take responsibility for, operate and utilise IT as appropriate to assist in the carrying out of your duties and your role within the Department and assist with the identification and development of IT applications.
21 To assist in the development of the Department.
22 To assist with marketing and expanding work streams, and identifying new work streams.
23 To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated to you by your Head of Department and/or any Equity Partner.
CV and covering letter to the Practice Manager at Vacancy@ghplegal.com
VACANCY IN PRACTICE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
A vacancy has occurred within the Practice Management Department.
1. To assist the Practice Manager to ensure:-
(a) the smooth management of the Practice and
(b) that all personnel comply with the Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct 2007 (as amended or replaced or supplemented from time to time in accordance with the requirements of the Firm.
2. To assist the Managing Partner in monitoring, keeping under review, updating, and administering the Firm’s written policies and procedures and Office Manual.
3. To administer office routines and procedures to ensure that all personnel comply with practice management standards from time to time.
4. In conjunction with the Practice Manager, to manage staff generally
5. To continually monitor the personnel levels, needs and requirements within each Department of the Practice.
6. To deal with recruitment and undertake interviews and selection of secretarial, reception and some clerical staff.
7. To assist the Partners and/or the Practice Manager with the recruitment of senior personnel.
8. To monitor, keep under review and up-date the Practice’s policies and procedures in relation to personnel matters, and produce and present to the Sub-Committee for consideration draft new and revised policies and procedures.
9. To assist the Managing Partner with the drawing up Staff Contracts, Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for all employees.
10. To undertake new staff induction.
11. In conjunction with the Training Partner and the Practice Manager to be responsible for Continuing Professional Development and non-solicitor staff training.
12. To administer personnel records including holiday and sickness records.
13. To administer and manage the external Payroll system.
14. To incept and/or to administer the Firm’s disciplinary and grievance procedures.
15. To administer the Law Society’s practice management standard Lexcel including:
- Ensuring compliance with requirements of the Standard and keep up-to-date with changes in the Standard and legislation
- Make application each year to the Law Society
- Ensure Policy Reviews are undertaking annually or bi-annually
- Office Manual is kept up-to-date
- Keep training records and job descriptions up to date
- Send out annual Appraisal documents
- Keep all Departmental Guidance is up to date
- Keep central diary updated
16. To apply for CQS Accreditation renewal each year and ensure compliance with its requirements
17. To attend and take minutes of the Compliance and Management Committee meetings and, as and when so required, Partners Meetings.
18. To assist the COLP to prepare the COLP Monthly Monitoring Report to enable him to report to the Compliance and Management Committee.
19. To administer the Firm’s Work Experience Programme.
20. In conjunction with the Practice Manager, to be responsible for the organisation of accommodation within the office.
21. To deal with the Firm’s General (buildings, contents etc) Insurance and ensure compliance with the Insurance Policy and inform the Insurers of any changes to the Firm and any possible claims on the Policy.
22. To deal with repairs and renewals, etc of the Firm’s Premises and Contents.
23. To keep under review all Health and Safety and Fire Safety legislation and compliance by the Firm with it, undertake or arrange risk assessments, and report to the Managing Partner and the Management Committee.
24. To assist the Practice Manager in the administration of the Legal Services Commission Contracting requirements.
25. To deal properly with any money or property entrusted to you.
26. To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Practice and clients’ documentation and information.
27. To contribute to the provision of a quality service and compliance with LEXCEL or other quality accreditation requirements.
28. To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated by the Practice Manager and/or any Equity Partner.
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work independently to deadlines.
Pro-active and positive attitude.
Excellent numeracy and IT skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience of online court payment system a bonus
Problem solving ability and people skills essential
Knowledge and experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules, Excel, Word, SOS Practice Manager an advantage.
CV and covering letter to the Practice Manager at Vacancy@ghplegal.com by 5.00pm Friday 26th July 2019.
If you would like to work for GHP Legal, please send your CV and covering letter including your current remuneration package to the Practice Manager.