- Personal Injury or other loss sustained as a result of the negligence of public authorities
- Challenges to deprivation of liberty in the Court of Protection
- Challenges to welfare decisions made on behalf of people who lack capacity
- Challenges to financial decisions made on behalf of people who lack capacity
- Wrongful arrest/False imprisonment cases
- Breach of human rights by a public authority
All of us come into contact with different public authorities at various stages in our lives. Sadly, sometimes, things go wrong.
Whether you or a relative have been deprived of your liberty by a Public Authority or if you have suffered an injury or other loss due to a breach of a duty of care, a member of our department should be able to help.
Our Public Authority Department includes solicitors with expertise in a variety of different areas from Mental Health to Personal Injury Law. We also have 2 members of the Mental Capacity (Welfare) Accreditation Panel which means that we have the expertise to assist those who may lack capacity to bring actions themselves or represent them in ongoing Court of Protection proceedings.